I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Spellbinder Tags and Waltzing Mouse Holiday Labels No. 14


Well, I FINALLY got something made!!  I have been collecting dies  over the past couple of months and TODAY I finally made something with a few!!  And I'm pretty certain that the only reason I finished this card today is that TODAY was my friend's birthday and I HAD to have a card!

See, the thing I learned about myself a long time ago is that the fun I get from any new craft is in the collecting of the tools needed to do it, then once I have all there is I move onto the next thing.  I am not too sure what is up with me these days but I have had zero desire to be creative.  None.   But, I LOVE all the thin dies that are out, so now I sit here with hundreds (literally) of dies and I figure I had better do something with them!  I am ready for most any occasion for sure!

I actually found my inspiration for this card on Pinterest that linked to its creator, Claire Brennan HERE.  I LOVED the color scheme she used so I felt like I just had to have the stamp set she used (and designed herself).  The only place you can currently buy her stamps is from her ...in New Zealand! And I am here to tell ya the exchange rate hurts!!  I paid way too much money for a set just to get the one stamp I wanted! The good news is, she does have a distribution point here in the US so I got it very quickly!  ...And then, of course I had to buy the Spellbinders die set she designed the stamps especially for, right? She doesn't sell those and they weren't available anywhere locally so I ordered them from Amazon. And I used the BIC markers I ordered from Amazon to color the wooden house, the trees and red and green parts of the stamp (all non black areas). Unfortunately, I took the picture with my iPad as it was getting dark so I had to keep adjusting and tweaking the color so it could be seen.  There is actually a lime green border next to the checkered border, completely gone here! Sorry. It really was/is much nicer in person.

Anyway, here is most of what I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones