I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Embroidery Doodle


Last week I did this doodle


Today I did a test with it.  

I made it into an embroidery pattern.  I stitched it out and then tested coloring it.




I'm not too sure how long the color will last.  That's part of the test.  I just used regular markers so they are TOTALLY water soluble hence the color bleed on 4.  I did that on purpose to give it a watercolor feel... I actually like it, but it needs more, I just wanted to wait until it dried to see what was needed where.  The only thing I believe would be color safe is to paint it with acrylic paint....but that would be an entirely different look.


OH!  and, yes, of course I could have stitched the filling with colored thread but I thought it might be kinda neat to offer something like this so people could color using any color they like....to match their room, or whatever.  Kind of a neat multimedia kind of thing :-) Whatcha think?

1 comment:

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones