I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Did YOU Know About This?!?!

Tonight I was shopping online for a new die ... after I had found the one I wanted...and then some... I ran across a die that cut out the strangest shape...--> --> -->


I had to figure that one out!  WHAT the heck was it for?!  








Glued shut
Basically it was for stands...or "feet" for flat objects, like a flat cut out of a person or something.  When I saw that I had a "EUREKA!" moment.  These "feet" would be PERFECT for taking pictures of a card!  It is almost comical to see how some folks stand their cards up to take a picture.  Not to mention the expense they go to!  


ANYWAY!!!  I wanted to see how they work before I spent the money for the die...I came up with the following... WHO NEEDS A DIE?!   "I don't need no stinking die!" (WHEW! just dated myself there!)

What you will need:  
  • Large hole punch (mine was 1.25", but I think anything bigger than 1" will do)
  • Scrap Cardstock
  • Glue (optional) ... if you notice on the card to the right I opened them up...but you can glue them together

Spread open
STEP: 
1. Punch circle
2. Fold circle in half
3. Cut circle TO about 1/4" TOWARDS the fold
4. Glue together (or not)
5. Put card or sign in the slit
... I used two so repeat steps





Not only would they be good for picture taking, its a great way to display your cards at demos!  (If you are a SU! demonstrator)...


And, its a great, CHEAP way to display Christmas cards every year.


There are lots of cool uses...



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I was here and thanks so much for sharing. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Nancy.
    This tip is going on my to do list today!!
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW WOW W0W I don't believe it, a vision from the past. Sure I remember them from way back when, but I haven't thought about them in years and years. Thank you SOOOO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea. I'm going to pass this one on to my SU demonstrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy,
    Thanks...I just love little happy surprises like that, that will save money! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ! This holder was very useful to me and thank u so much. I had searched a lot on Internet but this was the easiest and less time consuming method��

    ReplyDelete
  7. this has been very useful to me! thank u! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones