I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Friday, December 9, 2011

He REALLY DOES Love Me!

.
This is going to be a different kind of post.  There are no crafting tips, or tricks to learn, but, something happened to me today that I need to document.

Background:  I am one of those folks who has a hard time with the month of December.  I do my best to not let anyone know that because I am WAY TOO BLESSED to complain, about anything.  So, I  just grit my teeth and bare it. There are a couple of reasons....my birthday is the 5th and then, of course, there is Christmas.   Both are when family go out of their way to show how much they love you....but I haven't been part of a family in YEARS... Daddy died 28 years ago, Mother died 14 years ago, and I was divorced (no kids) 14 years ago... So, it is me, alone....(and God of course.)

Well, on Monday, my birthday, something happened with my finances that made me even question God's love for me....I thought I had a certain amount but instead I was negative $300+!!!!!!  it was like I took a hard blow to the heart and it has been tied in a knot since.  

Anyway, around 1AM this morning (12/9/11) I pinned this picture (I added the scripture for this post) and labeled it: "Me today 12/9/11"  It was exactly how I have been feeling all week, like I was all alone, standing in a sea of bills with no one to help, and I just wanted to SCREAM!  I'm not kidding!  
    


I have been having myself a MAJOR PITY PARTY all week!

Well, after I pinned the picture, I went to bed and woke up a few hours later to find that someone had bought one of my fonts!  I had $7.50 more than when I had gone to sleep.  I know, not much right?  But it has been out there for months now and I think I've sold one other copy of it!  I know people like it because it has been pinned in Pinterest TONS of times and people are always linking to the page for a better look... they just never buy!  So, I was tickled that one had sold!  And then about 30 minutes later I got a call for an order of custom Christmas ornaments (about $200 worth)  YAY!

Then, I went to a luncheon at the company I worked for two years ago... the owner sold the business and  the buying company is totally closing the Atlanta office!  After next Wednesday everyone there will be out of work!  After lunch I was standing at the door to go to my car when, Kathy, one of my friends there,  came up to me to tell me goodbye, and that as soon as the dust settles (sometime during the week after Christmas) she was going to call me so we could schedule some time for her to come over and help me clean house and get all my "stuff" organized!  !!!!!!!!  My first response was, "Kathy, I can't afford that." (that is how she earned money before starting with this company so she really is a professional organizer!).  She said... "Oh no!  I want to do it for free, no money!  I was praying and the Lord told me to do this for you!!!!"  Now, she and I haven't even talked but a couple of times since I left there two years ago.... but she was praying and the Lord told her to do this for me!!!  Guys, you can not even begin to imagine what that means to me!  I really didn't know what to say, it was so surreal!  I told her what an answer to prayer that was.

But wait, as I was driving home I remembered something.  I had not actually prayed for the Lord to send someone to help me... I never asked Him for that.  What had happened was... in the middle of my little pity party I had remembered how when Momma was alive I could always, my whole life, ask for a
"big ticket" item, something I couldn't afford,  for my birthday and/or Christmas and she would always get it for me. And sometimes I could even do that with my ex husband.  .... but, there was no one now that cares what I want, big, or small. (poor me, right?  WHATEVER!)  So, while I was thinking about it, I asked myself what would I want if there was someone who cared enough to ask.  And I said, to myself, not outloud.  I would want someone to help me clean and get my house in order!  IT IS TRUE!!!  God cared enough!  He heard and He spoke to Kathy!  I cried all the way home!  I'm crying now.  Daddy God does love me,  He hasn't forgotten me.  HUGE!!!

And would you believe that when I got home I had ANOTHER ORDER for my font!!!  TWO in one day!

So, this is what I pinned tonight, 23 hours after the first picture (I added the scripture)... Me 18 hours later:





MY GOD IS A GREAT GOD!!!

Added Monday 12/12/11:
I wanted to add this here in case you don't read the comments:

 I reread what I wrote and MAN! what a WHINNY BABY!!! I NEVER let that kind of junk out in the open air! SORRY!!! I really am not as pitiful as I came across (never write when you are an emotional mess or at night!!!) By the time I wrote it though I was all better, I just felt like you needed to know how low I had gotten so you could get the magnitude of God's love and how he knows our deepest desires and will show his love in the COOLEST WAYS!! It was more to bring glory to Him than be so stinking focused on me...ICK! I really am better, I went to the Christmas production at the church I use to go to both Saturday and Sunday nights because it was SO AWESOME! There's healing in the air :-).


John 10:10



6 comments:

  1. Good for you!Yes, our God is awesome! He loves us and knows what we need, and want, before we ask. I'm sorry for your difficult times, but those are often the times we see God most clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nunca estamos sólos ,pero a veces no miramos lo suficiente a nuestro alrededor. Siempre hay una persona amiga que esta cerca. Animos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Nancy, I wish I lived closer to you.
    You would always be on my friend request list.
    I don't want to say anything trite. The depth of pain is equal to the depth of the love we have for those we have lost. I am so thankful for your friend as well. You will make it through this time. You are smart, talented and I know you have a caring heart.
    Take some time just for you. Do something that feels totally selfish. You deserve it. I know without ever having met you, that you have helped people and lightened their load in ways you may never know. There will be another sunny day for you. Believe It !!
    Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Goodness! You guys are so sweet! Thanks so much for the encouragement! I reread what I wrote and MAN! what a WHINNY BABY!!! I NEVER let that kind of junk out in the open air! SORRY!!! I really am not as pitiful as I came across (never write when you are an emotional mess or at night!!!) By the time I wrote it though I was all better, I just felt like you needed to know how low I had gotten so you could get the magnitude of God's love and how he knows our deepest desires and will show his love in the COOLEST WAYS!! It was more to bring glory to Him than be so stinking focused on me...ICK! I really am better, I went to the Christmas production at the church I use to go to both last night and tonight because it was SO AWESOME! There's healing in the air :-).

    ANYWAY! THANK YOU ALL for your concern, I really am good. ... I will be busy making ornaments for a few days but I have THREE things already I know I want to share with you guys.

    I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season and DON'T SPEND TOO MUCH!!!
    n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for sharing your wonderful story!
    What a blessed relief for you!
    And see how things simply fall into place when we let go and let God help us?
    (she said, knowing full well she's forgotten to do so already since waking)
    Bless you!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rose, I KNOW that I can trust Him to come through, its His timing that makes me a little crazy sometimes! I know for a fact that I am in the middle of a HUGE test and victory is just around the bend, I just have keep walking around the wall....check out my drawing: http://polly-wollydoodle.blogspot.com/2011/10/psalm-2714.html
    THANKS so much for taking the time to comment! I LOVE comments!

    ReplyDelete

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones