I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bookplates

One day last week I got up early and started surfing the web.  I was so excited when I landed on a site by Cathe Holden called "Just Something I Made".  OH MY GOSH!!!  I spent the rest of the day downloading all the free stuff she has available!  She is SO GENEROUS! 

WAIT!  Don't go yet!  I have a link at the bottom of this post.

One of my favorite downloads was a page of bookplates.  And for those of you that have no clue (in this age of Nooks, Kindles, IPads and all things digital) a bookplate is a label you put in the front of a REAL book to show ownership. 



This is such a great download because it is "gift" ready!  Print a sheet on 8.5"x11 label paper (or cardstock), cut and you are ready to give them away.  I LOVE THAT!  One of my favorite things to do is give to folks that are normally recognized for their service...like the folks that clean the tables at restaurants, or the ticket taker at the movie... and this is a PERFECT gift to keep with you ready to hand out.  AND, the very best part is that they are "genderless"...they will be a good gift for a man or woman. 

And did I mention they are FREE!

Now, for those who don't have books (I bet you do, but, for the sake of argument) you can always use the labels for something else.  Last night I put this jar together in about 5 minutes!


I just used the animal portion of the bookplate because there is an embossed square on the jar that I was trying to work with.  If you wanted to leave the blank at the bottom of the bookplate you could write what will be in the container.

I also took one of the images and made a "Thank You" card with it:

These too, would make a great gift.

 
OK!  Now, go check it out! WARNING!  You might be there a while!


Thank You Cathe, for your generosity and your brilliance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones