I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

How to Create Your Own Word Art ... the easy way.



I actually had a method to my madness today.  Welll....sorta.  Last week I discovered Stephanie Ackerman's art and I LOOOOOVE IT!  


Examples of her work:

I just LOVE the messy, easiness of it!  I love it so much that I bought both of her classes to learn how to doodle!!!  How sad is that?!  I have to be taught to just relax and do it!  Even though I am a VERY MESSY person, I am also a perfectionist so just "letting go" is HARD for me.  But her stuff is SO SIMPLE it should be SO SIMPLE to do, right?!  My brain struggles...but I CAN DO THIS!!! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!!!


But, in the meantime... there are a couple artists, Rani and Jilustration, at Lettering Delights that have the same "feel" and I have now bought almost everything they have available!  They have the same double black outline, primitive like drawing.  CUTE! CUTE stuff!  They can easily be printed out and modified with the shadowing and markings that Stephanie has.  FUN!


Example... The first is a font and a graphic directly from Lettering Delights.  I printed a copy of this then colored and added lines  to the one below
 Same thing, but with my added coloring and drawings...see, kinda has the same feel as Stephanie's.
Neato Alphabet for the words


Other options:
A font that has no color at all like: LDJ Happy Trails Font (then you can use any color you want)
OR, if you take Stephanie's class you get her empty font!!!!







The Girl Creative Under A Cherry Tree.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a great tutorial. I'm not familiar with Stephanie Ackerman's work but I may have to check it out. Btw, thanks for playing in my linky party. :-)

    Jin
    http://underacherrytree.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones