I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PaperbackSwap.com

Back in the late 80s and 90s Leisure Arts published some of the most beautiful "craft/recipe" books ever! It was a series of "Gifts that Taste Good".  Every page had a beautiful color picture of food packaged with CLEVER gift packaging with instructions on making both the food and package yourself.  BEAUTIFUL!   
Here are a couple of the covers:

After that series they started another called "The Spirit of Christmas"...each of those would show a room decorated  for Christmas with handmade items and they would give you instructions for each thing.  I LOVED THOSE BOOKS!!  And I had them all....until my house burned down in 1999... all gone.

BUT, I found 5 of the series at Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap. and I have already gotten 4 of them!!!  All in PERFECT condition! My collection starts again...I am so excited!

Listen, if you haven't discovered Paper Back Swap, you REALLY NEED to check it out!  It is an AWESOME site!  Basically, you get a "credit" for every book you swap and it only cost the shipping you pay for the book you send to someone else.  It cost ZERO when you order a book!!  And, it isn't just paperbacks, all the books I got are hard cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones