I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

On Assignment


I have wanted to be able to draw a MALE angel forever! ... because  they are almost never drawn as males and I think they all are... (no mention of female angels anywhere in the Bible...they are all KICK BUTT POWERFUL MEN!)

Anyway, today I did!  This is actually my first ever man of any kind.  I watched a guy on YouTube...Sycra do a "how to" drawing. (you can learn most anything on YouTube!)


And then I worked my PSE magic on it (because when I scanned it I noticed how off his left nostril and eye are)   and got this:  if you notice, the right and left sides are almost identical... I copied the right side and flipped it to make the left ... I erased some things but not all...you can see it mostly in the hair.

And then I tried coloring him.... hummm...not lovin' it anyway but then the scanner made it even worse!!!

Below is a really lousy version of him colored in. (he looks completely different >:-/   shoot!

OK!  If you have any suggestions on how to get a better scan PLEASE tell me!!!  The colors are NOTHING like the actual drawing! This is WAY TOO PINK!  OH WELL!  It was good practice using the Pan Pastels anyway....even if a lot of the shading is lost in the scan.  ARGH!!!
Psalm 91:11-12:
 For he will command his angels concerning you

   to guard you in all your ways;  they will lift you up
in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot
against a stone. 



OH!  One more thing!  I just signed up for a free Online class for PSElements by Kim Klassen.  I'm not too sure what she is teaching but its FREE!  Check it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones