I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Crochet Flowers


Please note... I didn't say "How To" in the title.  That's because there is no way I'm going to tell you how to make a crochet flower!  BUT, I did learn how to yesterday... amazing, since just two blogs ago I said I had no interest in learning!  What can I say?... I just never know where I'll end up!  Since I have made two videos making different kinds of flowers I decided I wanted to make yet another different one. 

I found a version of it from the web (http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/flowers.php) but I modified that to fit my needs.  I took the pattern to a friend and she took about 10 minutes to show me how to make one.  She said she would make a video for me, but she had to go out of town today so that may, or may not, (???) happen later.

I can't believe it, I have actually made 28 so far.  I have no clue exactly what I'll do with all of them but I got on a roll and did them while watching TV....love it when I have busy hands....don't like to just sit and watch.

Here is something I made with one last night:


If you notice, I used a yo-yo for one of the videos. The center of the flower is just a brad. I will do another video on making the "hat pin" soon.    But today I wanted to share the pattern for the flower.   I hope you can read it!  If not, I bet you know someone who can... or go to YouTube and search,  there are TONS of crochet videos out there!

Rnd 1: ch 2, 5 sc in first chain you made. Join with sl st to first sc.
Rnd 2: [ (ch 2, 3dc, ch 2, sl st) in the same sc, sl st to the next sc], 5 times, making 5 petals. Cut off.

Just FYI.... I bought variegated yarn so I can have lots of colors of flowers...all that look good with each other because they came from the same skein

1 comment:

  1. WOW. I remember watching my mom make these when I was a kid. I never could do this! I admire anyone who can! Such talent!

    ReplyDelete

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones