I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Silliness

.
I know, I promised that I would put all my drawings under "Polly-Wolly Doodle" but it seems that's all I'm doing these days and I'm not posting here very much.  

I have challenged myself to "illustrate a verse a day... that comes to me via email from Biblegateway.com every morning and that has been taking much of my "free" time.  I AM LOVING IT!!!  The challenge is enhanced because I have no clue what I will be doing every day.  I love it not only because I get to practice drawing, but the Word says to "Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness" and this helps me do that... I really meditate on the verse, first to get the idea of what to draw, and second, throughout the day as I'm drawing and thinking about what I drew.

All that to say, sorry!  Nothing much to write here!  So, I decided to load this bit of silliness I drew last night here:

I know!!!  ???? Why???  Well, what can I say, they just evolved.  I was thinking about drawing a Christmas ornament with the first one, Tilly, ...that's why she is so round!...but when I got to the tassel skirt I decided I would rather her be a tassel than an ornament.  I finished her then had to even out the page with Tulip and Tori!  I don't know, all I can say is that they were a fun "TV watching time killer".

Well, I'm off to work on today's scripture...It is actually one of my FAVORITE!!!

“But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”” 1 Samuel 16:7 

I LOVE LOVE that verse!!  God didn't choose the "beautiful" one, he chose the one whose heart was beautiful... Since I have never been beautiful, this scripture brings me joy!  I can't do anything about the outside, but I certainly can do something to make my heart beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones